Foley | E. Brain & Co
Foley is a small district alongside on the border of Fenton and Longton, and the production of pottery at Foley can be traced as far back as the eighteenth century. During the 1880s the Foley Works were taken over by Elijah Brain (E. Brain & Co), and remained in the Brain family until 1967 when it was sold to the Wedgwood Group.
In 1958 that E. Brain & Co purchased the Coalport China name. With new investment in design and production the Coalport business was saved and in 1963 E. Brain & Co stopped production of their Foley brand to concentrate solely on Coalport. It was in 1967 that the Foley China Works and the Coalport brand were purchased by Wedgwood.